Blueberry and Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes
Blueberry and Walnut Buttermilk
· 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
· 2 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoon sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 2 cups buttermilk
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons melted butter
· ½ tablespoon lemon juice
· Fresh or frozen blueberries
· Walnuts, roughly chopped
· Oil, margarine or butter, for cooking
· Butter and/or maple syrup, for serving
1. Start by whisking eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a small bowl. After the mixture becomes light and frothy, add in your buttermilk and melted butter.
2. In a separate large bowl, sift your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients, at this point add your remaining lemon juice and mix one last time well. Do not overmix, clumps are okay.
4. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine. Spoon in approximately ½ - ¾ cups of the pancake batter in the center of the pan. Now, add in your fresh or frozen blueberries and walnuts! Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping, then 1-2 minutes for the other side.
5. Plate and top with powdered sugar, extra blueberries, freshly whipped cream and/or maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!